- Place the flour, yeast, salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the warm water and oil and mix to combine into a dough.
- Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead for approx 5 minutes.
- Add a little oil to the bottom of a clean bowl.
- Place the dough inside, then turn over so all the dough is covered with a little of the oil.
- Cover the bowl loosely with a cloth or some oiled food wrap.
- Set aside in a warm place to allow the dough to rise, approx 1-1 ½ hours.
- Line the base and sides of your Crockpot bowl with a layer of foil then parchment paper.
- Turn the unit onto High and allow to preheat.
- Knead the risen dough lightly to remove the air.
- Shape into a ball or an oblong and place into the warmed bowl.
- Scatter over your choice of seed toppings.
- Place a clean t towel underneath the lid to prevent any condensation dripping onto your bread.
- Cover with the lid and bake on High for approx 2 ½ hours.
- Remove the bread from the bowl and place onto a wire rack to cool before serving.
2.5 hours on High
- 500g Wholegrain Seeded Bread flour
- 1 tsp dried yeast,
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 320ml warm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Toppings (optional) – mixed seeds, pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds