- Remove the lid from your Crock-Pot® express and select the brown/sauté function.
- Adjust the time to 6 minutes. Allow to preheat.
- Place the paprika, thyme and seasoning into a small bowl and mix together.
- Rub over the outside of the chicken.
- Add the oil to the Crockpot Express and place the chicken into the pot breast side down to brown.
- Turn half way through and continue browning.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice and chicken stock.
- Seal the lid and cook on the Poultry setting for 30 minutes.
- Once the unit has finished cooking, allow the unit to have a natural pressure release time of 10 minutes. Carefully release any pressure left inside before opening.
- Carefully lift out the chicken and place on a warmed plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- To make gravy – strain the cooking liquid to remove the garlic and thyme.
- Select the brown/sauté function, heating the stock to boiling point.
- Stir in a little cornflour mixed with water or sprinkle in some gravy granules to thicken.
- Serve alongside the chicken with some potatoes and vegetables.
Sauté/brown time: 6 minutes Pressure cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 whole chicken, 1.3 -1.6kg
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 250ml hot chicken stock
- 1 large sprig of fresh thyme