- Place the sugar, cocoa powder and 300ml of the milk into a small bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pour this into the removable stoneware bowl along with the remaining milk and vanilla.
- Cook on Low for 2½ hours.
- After 2 hours, add the chopped chocolate and stir to melt.
- Once the chocolate has melted and is mixed in, pour in the cream, refit the lid and cook for a further 30 minutes until piping hot.
- Serve in glass mugs, topped with whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate shavings.
- 100g sugar
- 60g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 litres whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 500ml single cream
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- Whipped cream, chocolate shavings, mini marshmallows, cocoa powder