- Lightly grease the removable cooking bowl with a little butter.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and spices into bowl and mix together.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and caramel together in another bowl and add to the dry ingredients. Mix in the melted butter and diced apples.
- Spoon into the removable Crockpot bowl.
- To make the sauce, pour the boiling water over the dark brown sugar and butter and stir to dissolve. Pour this over the pudding mixture.
- Carefully arrange the sliced apples over the pudding mixture.
- Cook on High for 2½ – 3 hours until risen and set.
- Delicious served with hot custard.
High for 2 - 3 hours
- 250g self raising flour
- 150g light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 75g Carnation caramel
- 3 medium eggs
- 150ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g butter, melted, plus a little extra for greasing the dish
- 500g diced cooking apples (approx. 2 large), plus 1 apple, peeled, cored and thinly
For the Sauce
- 300g dark brown sugar
- 50g butter melted
- 400ml boiling water
- pouring cream or vanilla ice cream