This curry is lovely and mild with a touch of natural sweetness from the potatoes, however if you prefer some extra heat, add in some extra chopped chilli with the garlic. We’ve teamed our curry with some cous cous but if you prefer rice, this works just as well.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onion, cook for approx. 5 minutes. Add the garlic, chilli and ginger and continue cooking for a further few minutes.
- Lower the heat, adding the spices, stirring well to prevent any burning.
- Spoon the mixture into your crockpot bowl.
- Add the red pepper, red cabbage, sweet potatoes, lentils, passata, stock and coconut milk and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on High for 4-5 hours until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the chickpeas.
- Place the peanut butter into a small bowl, add a few spoonful’s of the hot curry sauce and mix to a smooth sauce before adding to the rest of the pot.
- Continue cooking for a further 30 minutes.
Before serving – Place the cous cous into a heatproof bowl, add 300ml boiling water and cover to steam for a few minutes. Remove the cover and fluff with a fork, adding a little olive oil and some salt and pepper.
Stir the spinach into the hot curry and serve alongside the cous cous, scatter with the coriander leaves.