- Cut the meat into thin strips and place into the removable bowl. Alternatively you can sear in a hot frying pan prior to cooking.
- Add the green pepper, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and sriracha. Stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on Low for 7-8 hours, or High for 3-4 hours.
- Drain any excess liquid, grate the cheese over the meat and stir well to melt.
- Spoon meat mixture onto toasted buns and drizzle over a little American mustard if you like.
- Serve with large sliced gherkins or sliced jalapenos.
3 - 4 hours on High; 7 - 8 hours on Low
Philly cheesesteak is a sandwich made from thinly sliced pieces of beefsteak and melted cheese in a long hoagie roll.
- 1.2 kg beef topside joint
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 200g Swiss cheese
- 6 to 8 hotdog style rolls