- Remove the lid from your Crock-Pot® express and select the brown/sauté function. Allow to preheat.
- Place the flour and seasoning into a suitable bowl and dust the lamb shanks with the flour until coated.
- Add the oil and lamb into the Crockpot Express and brown on all sides, this will take 6-7 minutes to gain good colour. If you have room add in the sausages and brown these alongside the lamb, if not you will need to do this once the lamb is removed.
- Set the browned lamb aside and add the remaining oil into the pot.
- Sauté the onion, bacon and garlic for a few minutes until just turning brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cut up the browned sausages into chunky pieces; place these into the sauce along with the lamb.
- Secure the lid.
- Select the Meat/Stew function and set the time for 45 minutes.
- Once the unit has finished cooking, allow the unit to have a natural pressure release time of 10 minutes. Carefully release any pressure left inside before opening.
- Serve on warmed plates with some crusty bread, or alternatively creamy mashed potato and green beans.
Sauté/brown time 15 mins Pressure cook time 45 mins
- 50g plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 lamb shanks 4-500g approx. weight
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Toulouse or herby sausages
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 50g smoked back bacon, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 125ml dry white wine
- 125ml chicken or lamb stock
- 1 tin, rinsed and drained haricot beans
- 1 large sprig of fresh thyme