- Add a little olive oil to sauté pan and fry the potatoes and carrots over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn down the heat and add the onion and garlic. Continue cooking until the onion is softened, season with a little salt.
- Spoon into the removable Crockpot bowl.
- Add the fish stock, saffron, oregano and lemon juice.
- Cover with the lid and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add the fish fillets, stir through and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the seafood cooking for a further 5-10 minutes until piping hot.
- Sprinkle over the chopped parsley to serve, accompany with crusty bread.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced approx. 2cm
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced approx. 2cm
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500ml fish stock
- Good pinch of saffron
- 1tsp oregano
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 500g white fish skinless fillets (eg cod, hake) cut into bite size pieces
- 200g cooked mixed seafood (mussels, prawns, squid)
To serve – chopped parsley and crusty bread