This gluten free slow cooker bread needs no kneading or rising, just make and Crockpot bake.
- Warm the almond milk in a small saucepan or the microwave, do not overheat, just needs to be hand hot.
- Sprinkle on the yeast and sugar and stir well to dissolve. Cover with a cloth and set aside for approx 5-10 minutes until frothy.
- Line the base and sides of your stoneware Crockpot bowl with some foil, then parchment paper.
- Turn the unit on and select the High temperature setting to allow pre-heating.
- Place the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, oats and salt into a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine the ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix the ground chai seeds, warm water, cider vinegar and olive oil. This will instantly thicken.
- Combine the frothy yeast mixture with the chia paste and stir well.
- Pour onto the dry ingredients and stir to make the dough.
- Place the dough onto a work surface, add a little gluten free flour to your hands and shape the bread into a smooth ball.
- Place into the warmed stoneware bowl.
- Add a dusting of your favourite topping.
- Place a clean t-towel underneath the lid before closing. (this stops any condensation dripping onto your bread).
- Bake on High for 2 ½ hours.
Tip – If you like a golden topping, place the cooked bread until a preheated grill to brown.