- Place all the ingredients apart from the brandy and thyme into the removable stoneware bowl.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours until the berries are tender.
- Remove the fruit slices and set aside
- Strain through a mesh sieve, squashing some of the berries to release their tartness.
- Adjust the sweetness and add the brandy.
- Pour the mulled wine back into the Crock-Pot bowl, add in the fruit slices and keep on the warm setting until required.
- To Serve, pour into heatproof glasses, and garnish with the fruit slices, a sprinkle of gold sugar and a sprig of thyme.
- 1 bottle of fruity red wine, Cabernet Sauvignon works well
- 300ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 Star Anise
- 125g fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar (add more if a sweeter drink is required)
- ½ whole nutmeg, grated
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 100ml brandy (optional)
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme