- To marinade the chicken, put the lemon juice, garlic and ginger in a large bowl.
- Add the spices, olive oil and coriander. Mix well to combine, then add the chicken coating each thigh with the marinade.
- Cover and leave for at least 2 hours in the fridge, preferably overnight.
- Heat a non-stick sauté or griddle pan over a medium heat until hot. Sear the chicken quickly on both sides, then place into the Crockpot bowl.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on High or 5-6 hours on Low.
- In the meantime, combine the salsa ingredients.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the bowl and cut into slices.
- Serve hot on warm flatbread with some salad leaves, salsa and some Greek yoghurt.
3-4 hours on High or 5-6 hours on Low
For the Chicken:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 35g fresh ginger, finely grated
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp sumac
- 2 tsp ras el hanout
- 125ml olive oil
- 30g bunch coriander, chopped well
- 12 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 20g chopped coriander
- 4 tsp sumac
- 4 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Greek Yoghurt
- Sriracha or your choice of hot/chilli sauce
- Warmed Flatbreads
- Salad leaves