- Place the chicken into a suitable mixing bowl. Add the fajita seasoning (we used 2 sachets of the medium flavoured seasoning). Stir well to thoroughly mix and set aside for approx. 30 minutes.
- Select Brown/Sauté on your pressure cooker and allow to heat.
- Add the oil and the chicken and stir fry for approx. 5 minutes, stirring occasionally allowing the chicken to brown.
- Add the onion and continue sautéing for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the hot stock, add the pasta and briefly stir.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and do not stir.
- Place the peppers onto a square piece of foil and loosely fold around, crimping the edges to make a parcel.
- Sit the parcel on top of the tomatoes, (this prevents the peppers from getting too mushy)
- Secure the lid and select Manual, high pressure, 5 minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, allow the unit to continue onto Keep Warm for a further 5 minutes, before carefully venting the unit.
- Remove the lid, using a pair of tongs carefully release the peppers from the foil pack and empty into the bowl. Stir well to combine the ingredients.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve ladled into warm pasta bowls.
- Add a dollop of sour cream, a handful of grated cheddar and a scattering of chopped jalapenos.
- 600g skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 50g approx. fajita seasoning,
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 800ml hot chicken stock
- 300g farfalle pasta
- 1 x 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
To achieve a deeper depth of flavour to your chicken, try and remember to marinade the day before.
- Sour cream
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped jalapenos