- Spray a glass bowl with spray oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Set aside.
- Spread 120 g of the cubed French bread on the bottom of the glass bowl. Top with half
the banana and half the walnuts. Layer another 120 g of French bread and the rest of the
banana and walnuts. Top with the rest of the bread.
- Pour the egg mixture over the French toast and press the bread down to make sure
everything is covered.
- Cover the bowl and let it sit in the fridge overnight if you are prepping it ahead, or you
can cook now.
- Place steaming rack in the Crock-Pot® Express Multi-Cooker. Place the French
toast on top of the steaming rack. Close and lock the lid and make sure steam valve
is closed. Press DESSERT and increase the time to 30 minutes and set the pressure
to HIGH. Press START/STOP.
- When the timer goes off, press START/STOP again. Do a quick steam release by using
a utensil to flip the steam valve to open. Using something to protect from the heat.
Remove the French toast from the Express Crock.
- If you want a crispy top, put it under the broiler of your oven for 1-2 minutes.
- Top with fresh banana slices, walnuts and maple syrup.
- 4 eggs
- 180 ml cup milk
- 15 ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 g tsp cinnamon
- 5 g tsp salt
- 360 g French bread, cubed
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 75 g cup walnuts, roughly chopped