Asian Style Spicy Mince, Lettuce Cups
This recipe can easily be doubled and frozen into handy lunch sized portions, great for picnics or to take to work.
- Place all the ingredients into the Crock-Pot bowl and stir well.
- Cook on High for 2-3 hours.
- Adjust the seasoning to suit your requirements.
- Remove the leaves from the lettuces and arrange onto a large plate
- Fill the centre of the leaves with the spicy meat and garnish with your choice of our serving suggestions.
- 500g pork mince
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 generous thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lemon grass paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (plus extra for serving)
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 little gem lettuces
- Toasted peanuts
- Handful of mint and coriander leaves roughly chopped
- Shredded spring onions
- Lime wedges