You can add whatever you fancy to a frittata, both eggs and potato are a great base for adding in your fridge leftovers.
Tip – This recipe can easily be doubled and is delicious cold for a lunches the following day. Just increase the cooking time for an extra 10 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a suitable mixing bowl, season generously with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add the spring onions, peppers and chives.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into prepared tin.
- Submerge half of the potato slices into the egg, spreading these evenly where possible.
- Sprinkle over half of the grated cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients, finishing with the cheese.
- Insert the rack into your Crockpot Express bowl.
- Pour in approx. 250ml of cold water.
- Carefully sit the frittata onto the rack and seal the lid.
- Cook on Manual, High for 25 minutes.
- Once the cook time has elapsed allow a 10 minute Keep Warm time before carefully venting the unit.
- Remove the frittata from the pressure cooker.
- If you would like to create a browned crispy topping, place under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Delicious served warm with salad or why not steam some Tenderstem broccoli in your pressure cooker as an alternative.